Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Disney doll collection

Hi! Today I will be showing my Disney doll collection. I will be saying if I think they are true to the looks of the movie character with a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest. I will be going in chronological order of their movies.


                          
          Let me say, I DO NOT like The Little Mermaid.
However, I do like this doll. The hair quality is top-notch, it couldn't be more silkier. I do think her looks are true to that of Ariel, as you can see in the comparison above. 10 for accuracy


  

 I do like Pocahontas, the movie and the doll. The hair on Pocahontas is ever-so-slightly more coarse than on Ariel. I think she is true to the movie character. If I had 1 complaint, add the white bead at the tip of the necklace. It will help to weigh  it down. As you can see in the picture, it tends to swivel. Pocahontas does have a hint of pink eye shadow, and they should nix that too. 8.5 for accuracy















  Mulan is my favorite princess. Yours might be Ariel, Tiana, or Snow White. Mine is Mulan. I will now list some less popular princesses.
Mulan
Pocahontas
Jasmine
Snow White( to a lesser extent)
These princesses usually don't have dolls out from Mattel. That being said, you can't be too picky. However, I still am. One day i hope to have a movie-accurate Mulan doll by way of something.
Mulan is not only my favorite princess, but also my favorite movie. Of all time. That being said, this is the only Mulan doll on the market these days. I wish her face was wider. Also the hair on this doll is slightly coarse.Look at the movie screencap and then at the doll. See a difference? I sure do. This doll looks like the product designers at Disney Store were told: She's Asian. Make a doll. 1 for accuracy















 I like The Princess and The Frog and I like Tiana.
The hair on Tiana is textured, and not difficult to care for in the slightest. In a perfect world she wouldn't have those 3 curls. I want to get rid of them SO.BAD. but i'm afraid of messing up, even though I am a pretty skilled hairdresser, as you will see when I show off my Pony collection. 9 for accuracy















 I didn't like Tangled. Go ahead.Bite Me. The hair quality is lovely, however I have had my Rapunzel for 9 months and her hair is very dry. even braid spray and a Downy Dunk wont help.  Yes her hair has been kept down but she mostly sits on a shelf. Her hair reaches the floor and goes no further. Like with Mulan, her face needs to be wider, though I think she has more charisma and character than the Mulan doll. Also her freckles are too dark to be accurate. I doubt many little girls knew Rapunzel had them before owning the doll. 9 for accuracy


  I liked Brave , but it was far from the best of Pixar. this doll comes with a mass of VERY crispy curls. A good wash is recommended. However the hair quality itself is awful. It frizzes on the ends with minimal brushing and styling. I recently curled the hair on mine. One day I will re-root her with better hair. As for color, its not much better. the hair color on the doll is a Ronald McDonald-esque red while the movie character has more a nectarine color. EDIT: yes she does! you can see them in the above photo.Freckles. Merida does not have them in the movie, she should due to simple genetics, oh and Ariel should theoretically have them. The face shape and paint is spot on. 8 for accuracy 


  I liked Frozen. Not as much as Mulan, but still alot.  Anna is very accurate to the movie, even if she is half bald. Speaking of hair, her hair is very soft and silky. 10 for Anna. Elsa is just as accurate. She does have some faint freckles in some scenes, but I don't mind that the dolls doesn't. Elsa has silky platinum blonde hair.  When you get her, there is ALOT of crunchy gel holding down the short portion on top. I recommend putting in shampoo and letting it sit ( with the suds from the shampoo still in) for a day. Yes A DAY. 10 for Elsa. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I have some really old disney barbie dolls from when I was like 5 that I have not taken out in a while. Maybe I should do that now! I love your blog btw

    ~ TheDolly Trolley
    Youtube.com/thedollytrolley
    Aghoneyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete