Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Why Fluttershy is my favorite pony.

Why is Fluttershy my favorite pony? That is the question that will be answered in this post, my friends. I will state how her "status" came to be, why I like her so much, along with some Gifs and pictures to pad this post. Let's get started, shall we?



I marathoned the show (most of it) in February 2013, before I lost my computer privileges for 2-weeks because my parents thought that the computer made me stupid and was the cause of me failing math. they then forced me to do 1 hour of this shitty-ass math program that I had to do at school too. This program is called Mathia and it is shitty as all get out. It didn't teach me a goddamn thing. Getting back on track, in February 2013 I was in 7th grade, a time when I was feeling particularly down and depressed. The fun-upbeat nature of the show helped me to "bounce back".
 
     But this post isn't about Pinkie Pie!!! It's about Fluttershy! Reasons why Fluttershy is my favorite pony:

1. Relatability.
I cannot tell you how bad my social anxiety is. I hyperventilate when I have to place my own order at McDonalds.  As such, Fluttershy is the same. I imagine Fluttershy always going through the drive-thru, and I imagine myself doing the same once I get a car. (I'm 14.)



2. Aesthetics.
At first I only liked Fluttershy for her looks. She was so cute! It was hard for me to see myself in her because I have a loud voice, and hers is quiet. So many things about us were opposite, that I thought to look no further into it. BUT after I continued to watch the show on the Hub ( Albeit reruns-only for the next few months.) I began to see myself in Fluttershy almost constantly.

3. Subtle, realistic character development.

Fluttershy and her character development are relatable for me. In her episodes, her development is subtle, and the lessons are similar, BUT they are not the same. The subtlety makes it hard to catch for some people.
A lot of people hate Putting Your Hoof Down, but it is a realistic depiction. It's happened to me. In my early elementary years ( kindergarten-5th grade) I was such a pushover, and in 6th grade, my confidence awakened, and I became and real jerk, I was a bully, and a real asshole. In 7th grade my confidence regressed entirely, but this year (8th grade) I think I struck a nice balance. Like Fluttershy.

                                                                                Me in 6th grade




So those are my reasons for why Fluttershy is my favorite pony. See you later!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment